WotLK - Legends Raid [Private Server]

Random WoW related discussion

WotLK - Legends Raid [Private Server]

Postby lamby » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:23 pm

I've been watching and awful lot of WotLK videos this week (and it's only Tuesday). To say they've gotten me a bit nostalgic would be an understatement.

They got me thinking.... Wishing I could go back and play WotLK. It seems that with server emulation, I can!

So here's the proposal (subject to me actually being able to get a server up and running): I get a WotLK server on the go. Drag 25-30 former high end ghostlands players back from whatever they are up to these days, add a few current pros and stage a "legends raid" or raids.

Throw in a few people that will stream it, and a couple to cast/commentate!

I'm fairly certain I can sort the technical side and admin the whole thing.... What I'd need are players. Anyone know any?
lamby
Site Admin

Re: WotLK - Legends Raid [Private Server]

Postby Marv » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:39 pm

I think I'd struggle to remember how to play WOTLK feral, it's a lot easier these days, (and I don't play that spec in PvE anyway).

As awesome as the idea sounds, I pretty much can't make any "normal" deemed raid time (otherwise I'd be actively raiding).

Plus there would be a list of bosses that I absolutely would not ever want to spend another minute of my life wiping on (yes I am looking at you LK HC).
Marv

Postby lamby » Wed Dec 11, 2013 10:16 am

Marv wrote:Plus there would be a list of bosses that I absolutely would not ever want to spend another minute of my life wiping on (yes I am looking at you LK HC).

The actual worst moment of my wow experience was going back and face rolling it at 85! With a guild I gquit because they spent weeks farming ulduar achivements instead of progressing!

But back on topic... Hopefully I'll get the tech sorted over the weekend/Christmas period. Then try and rustle up some interest!
lamby
Site Admin

Postby Marv » Wed Dec 11, 2013 12:22 pm

Also if you want any other nostalgic videos, at some point in early Cata I condensed all of Losts videos up to that time into a single YouTube account/channel, and still have them but they are private, there are some good ones there though such as our first Firefighter kill, Algalon kill, Yogg0 and Hodir I think.
Marv

Postby lamby » Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:40 am

Server is up!

Now to stress test and wrangle up some players
lamby
Site Admin

Postby lamby » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:42 pm

Announcement posted!

We are officially taking names!
lamby
Site Admin

Postby Marv » Fri Feb 07, 2014 1:42 pm

It took a while to get around to it, but there are no 22 videos of Lost ranging all the way from late TBC to early Cata on Youtube, find them here: http://www.youtube.com/user/LostGhostlandsEU/videos
Marv

Return to WoW Chat