Long time reader, first time poster

Anything and everything!

Long time reader, first time poster

Postby Marv » Sun Dec 01, 2013 2:48 am

After quoting my forum post regarding how there is a lack of community in Ghostlands in the twitter feed, I figured it was time I probably registered and said hello.

By long time reader, I mean it, I have been eagerly following this website since my days leading Lost towards the end of WOTLK and even following that during the two years in which I wasn't actually playing the game, up until today, and probably been checking the twitter feed for about a year now.

I do highly approve of any and every effort to build a closer knit community on Ghostlands, some older TBC players may remember me as Shags, a guy who's name would inevitably pop up on every forum thread somewhere on the official Ghostlands forums (which back in those days were buzzing). Back then I had an office job where I could comfortably spend a good 50% of my paid time at work sat on a computer, not actually doing any work. Unfortunately I don't have such luxuries anymore, and my current line of work has been the reason for restricting me from raiding for the past three and a half years, but unfortunately the hours are never set in stone, and it's very hard to commit to anything, hence why I don't spend a lot of time playing the game or looking much into the community of Ghostlands anymore (but I do still avidly read about it).

With that in mind I'll try to find some time to drop some posts if I can, maybe an introductions thread would be a good place to start, it's always interesting to read and share about other players experiences both in game over the years, and in real life.
Marv

Re: Long time reader, first time poster

Postby lamby » Mon Dec 02, 2013 1:04 pm

Of all the responses to anything i expected to see (be it here or on twitter), this wasn't one! It's great to see a long time Ghostlands pro on board (as a reader or otherwise).

So firstly apologies for using your post as a rant piece, escpecially when the rant wasn't even aimed at you. I've been around long enough to know the current generation of ghostlands is vastly different from the one we knew (Lost, BRB, NoQ...even the Censored guys have all moved on).

It just really hit the frustrations of a realm that will whinge non stop about a lack of raiding skill/community, but doesn't actually go to any effort to fix it! Even when someone is offering to do a big chunk of the grunt work!

I'll be taking your advice and throwing an introductions thing up at some point today (lunch is nearly over...so back to the coalface, not literally, for me!).
lamby
Site Admin

Postby Maggie » Fri Oct 17, 2014 8:27 am

Sorry Marv but you will always be Shags to me, I think I first bumped into you when we had been levelling in Red Ridge... that was 7 years ago now :shock:

I've been off and on since WOTLK, playing on Ghostlands now just feels like I'm on any other realm, but I plan to give it a chance with WoD.
Maggie

Postby lamby » Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:04 am

Maggie wrote:I've been off and on since WOTLK, playing on Ghostlands now just feels like I'm on any other realm, but I plan to give it a chance with WoD.

Thats actually what i miss most about WoW these days... not knowing anyone. The community aspect has well and truly gone, or at the very least seems to be confined to guilds/cliques.

My current wow experience: Queue for Dungeon, afk, afk, afk, afk, queue pops, wipe, rage, log off.
lamby
Site Admin

Return to General Chat