WotLK Retro Raid Event!

WotLK Retro Raid Event!

Postby lamby » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:33 pm

Evening!

This may seem a little spammy, and a bit of an essay but please bear with me...(i'm sending similar mails/messages to anyone i think may be interested, or know people that might be interested).

As you may know, i picked up the ghostlands.eu domain a while back, and have been maintaining a small site there (it doesn't get much traffic, but theres a few people who check in every now and again and read my ramblings).

With the realm we've all called home for a long time (albeit some of us not so much lately) on a steady decline since the end of wrath, i thought i'd try a bit of community building. I've managed to get a WotLK server up and running (just to see if i could, but figure now it's going i might as well use it) and thought the idea of a retro raid event would be fun.

I'm trying to get as many people from ghostlands (current and old) involved as i can... sort of an all star raid.

So here's the pitch:

Instant 80 (plus gold to buy skills/gear)

Custom vendor NPCs with all skills and ilvl 200/213 gear: no need to run around remembering where the trainers are

WotLK as was (3.3.5a) - client is freely available if you know where to look

Get a few people streaming their PoV, and a GM observer

Start with t7, and work through to 10 over a few evenings/weekends

And the problem: My friends list isn't as exhaustive as it used to be, so i'm after some help generating interest.

Thoughts?

I don't have any specific dates in mind yet, but was thinking late feb/early march for a start on naxx. Gives me time to get some people to test 25mans (to make sure the server has enough ooompf/check the encounters are all ok), and finish setting up the vendors.

If you would be so kind as to ask people/pass this on to people you think may be interested it would be massively appreciated.

I'll be posting something over on the site in the next day or so which will basically be what i've put here and plus a contact for details/account creation. But hoping to spread the word a bit before then.

Thanks for reading (if you did)
lamby
Site Admin

Re: WotLK Retro Raid Event!

Postby lamby » Wed Jun 18, 2014 9:19 am

lamby
Site Admin

Return to Announcements